Tastes like spring! Aside from the obvious perks of sunshine, (outdoor brunch, weekends at the beach, a golden glow, BBQ’ing with friends-- the list goes on), spring allows fashion to be free, fabulous, and unrestricting!
This season, I won’t leave home without a maxi skirt with a slit up the front. It’s the ultimate investment piece for day-to-night effortless style.
I’ve compiled five real-life scenarios for the perfect maxi skirt moment, and how to style the skirt:
1. Sunday Afternoon with the Girls: Whether you’re between the beach, a BBQ, or a mid-day hang session, a maxi skirt is your perfect solution for an afternoon with your girlfriends. Paired back to a simple tank, a denim jacket, and wedges, this look gives off a classic “wear anywhere” vibe, should there be any impromptu change of plans!
2. Important Work Meeting: Tired of the same business casual look? Dress up your maxi skirt by tucking in a classic button down shirt and throwing over a chic, tailored blazer to complete the look. It’s a fresh way to step into ‘corporate chic’!
3. Date Night: Grab that crop top hanging in your closet and put her to work! The great benefit to a maxi skirt is that they typically fall at the small of your waist, above your belly button, allowing the perfect blank canvas for a crop top moment! Throw on a tall pair of heels and an oversized clutch and pencil it in as a night to remember!
4. Packing for Vacation: One of the greatest perks of a maxi skirt is its clear versatility. Pack it for a trip and it will never let you down.
5. Heading to the Beach: If denim cut-off shorts are no longer your thing (I’m with you here!), you have the chance to elevate your beach style with a maxi skirt as a cover up. A bikini and a maxi skirt allow you to bring fashion beachside, while still feeling covered up in all the right places!
For my maxi look, I paired the skirt with a classic button down skirt tied at the waist for an extra hint of style. I added my favorite new JustFab stacked heels, oversized clutch, and stack of rings. To me, this look reads spring gone chic!